The North Shore Salvation Army’s vision is to serve the people of our community. To restore a cohesive spiritual and physical life, creating health in individuals, and in our communities to the fullest.
We exist to share the love of Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in our community.
We envision a faith community that comes along side where God is working and people are:
- Given a sense of belonging and hope.
- Encouraged to discover God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Nurtured toward spiritual maturity and discipleship.
- Equipped for leadership & service in our church & community.
- Offered quality programs designed to meet physical, emotional and spiritual needs within our community.
By living in union with Jesus Christ we value:
- Authentic relationships based on respect, compassion, belonging and dignity.
- Prayer as essential to all that we are trying to accomplish.
- Worship as an essential element of our response to God’s presence in our lives.
- Servant-leadership & mentoring as modeled by Jesus.
- Doing our best for God so that He might be honoured.
- Compassionate Christianity that recognizes the need for diversity and flexibility in a changing world without compromising Biblical truth in our preaching and teaching.
- The active involvement of people who use their spiritual gifts and talents to help others.