The Salvation Army depends on Volunteers!
“Volunteers make up the largest percentage of our work force. It is because of our generous volunteers that we are able to direct the capital donations to the most vitally needed areas of our community”
North Shore Salvation Army, 105 West 12th Street, 604 988-7225
Community Services Opportunities:
If you are interested in the opportunities below, please contact our office for more information!
- Three times a week Monday, Wednesday and Friday our dedicated volunteers sort donated food and distribute fresh food boxes to individuals and families in need, at the North Shore Salvation Army. We are in need of volunteers Monday thru Friday to help with our food distribution.
- The North Shore Salvation Army redistributes food Monday – Friday 9-5 to like minded organizations in our communities. We are in need of volunteers Monday thru Friday to help recover & package food donations from our sponsors for redistribution to the community.
- The Salvation Army provides a frozen meal program for people in need of an affordable, nutritious meal. We are in need of volunteers that can assist with food prep packaging and labeling frozen meals meals; washing and sanitizing dishes, pots, pans, counters & tables; clean-up of work stations; assist with cooking.
- Our frozen meals are delivered twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday) to anyone who has mobility issues. We are in need of volunteers to deliver frozen meals to anyone whom has mobility issues and cannot shop for food.
- Annually, The North Shore Salvation Army provides community holiday banquet meals with all the trimmings for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter as well as other Outreach Food services. We need volunteers to help prep, serve and clean up at our community meals.
- Hampers with holiday food are given out to the community for Christmas and Easter. Our Christmas hampers also include a gift item for both children and parent, and other much-needed items. We are in need of volunteers to help package and distribute the hampers and sponsors to purchase items for the families.
Club 5:17 is an exciting program for children on Friday Nights. It is a free program for children in Kindergarten to Grade 7. We meet each Friday night from 6:00-7:30pm. If you are interested in Children’s Ministry or have a Teen looking for volunteer hours, please contact Lieutenant Bethany. Click here for more program information!